2 cups ridge cut pickle chips, drained
1 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
2 cups vegetable oil
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives, for garnish
Ranch dressing, for serving
- Preheat oil to 350°F.
- Firmly press pickle chips, in a single layer, between layers of paper towels or clean kitchen towels to remove any excess liquid/brine.
- Place flour, eggs and panko in three separate shallow dishes.
- Dredge pickle chips in flour, shaking off any excess, followed by the egg and finally in the panko until fully coated. Set coated pickle chips onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and place them in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Remove pickle chips from the refrigerator and fry in batches, for about two to three minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Drain onto paper towels and season lightly with salt and pepper. Repeat until all the pickle chips have been fried. Top with sliced chives and serve immediately with homemade ranch dressing. Enjoy!