- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter using pastry blender or fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheese, tossing until well combined.
- Using fork, stir milk into flour mixture to form shaggy dough. Knead for 3 to 5 times until dough comes together; do not overwork.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured work surface; pat into rectangle shape, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Cut into 6 uniform rectangles. Place rectangles, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat cream until stiff peaks start to form. Toss together strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and maple syrup.
- Cut each shortcake in half lengthwise. For each serving, place bottom half of shortcake on dessert plate. Top with 1/3 cup (75 mL) berry mixture and 1/3 cup (75 mL) whipped cream. Cap with top half of shortcake. Serve immediately.
Cracker Barrel trademarks owned or used under license by Canadian Cheese Corporation, Toronto, ON M9C 5J1