2 cups halved strawberries (plus extra for garnish)
1/4 cup simple syrup (or to taste)
1 lemon washed and thinly sliced
1 750 milliliter bottle of chilled bubbly
- Place strawberries in the bottom of a pitcher, lightly crush with a wooden spoon to release their juices.
- Add simple syrup and sliced lemon.
- Top with chilled bubbly and stir lightly.
- Pour into six flutes garnished with two strawberry halves.
- Combine equal parts sugar and water in a pot.
- Bring to a simmer and heat until sugar dissolves.