- Fold the pancakes in half. Stand them upright on their folded side in a greased baking or casserole dish. Sprinkle blueberries on top.
- Mix the eggs with the maple syrup, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the mixture over top of the folded pancakes. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the candied pecans, melt water and brown sugar in a skillet and let bubble. Add pecans and stir to coat. Pour onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and let cool.
- Without removing the foil, bake the pancake casserole in a 350 F (175 C) oven for 50 minutes. Remove and let cool ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the blueberry sauce, add half the blueberries to a saucepan with water, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved and blueberries have started to break down.
- Mix together the cornstarch and cool water to create a slurry. Pour it into the saucepan and continue stirring until mixture has thickened. Add lemon zest and second half of blueberries and stir in. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
- To finish, cut slices from the pancake casserole and plate. Pour blueberry sauce over top. Top with candied pecans and dollops of crème fraiche. Top with lemon zest.
For the Buttermilk Pancakes recipe, click here.